Aug 3, 2012

Oh my love, Pinterest!

I know, I know, I said, I'd write about dating and that kind of stuff. But I have just spent so much time - hours and hours - on Pinterest recently, that I figured, I'd share some of the awesome diy tutorials, ideas and websites I found, with you.

You are your words

You are your words is a website, where you can upload a picture (preferably a portrait) and the program will repaint the picture using your own words. You are asked to type in a text that describes yourself. As I didn't have time, I just copied a few quotes from Sex and the City - which worked perfectly fine too.
I'm still so excited, that I found this website! Just imagine how many great and artsy pictures you could make using this tool. You only need a nice picture, some text and a bit creativity - everything else is done by the website. And the best thing about it: It's totally free!
Everybody'll think you turned into an artist overnight.

DIY and Crafts

As for DIY, arts and crafts: Pinterest is my personal heaven! Check out my pinterest board "What to try someday". It is so much fun to try all the tutorials and instructions and most of them are so easy to make while most times they also save you money.

Here are a few examples of the DIY tutorials I'm definitely going to try one day:

Button Bookmarks by iheartnaptime

Braided Bead Necklace by Make up and Macaroons

DIY candle holders by Martha Stewart


I have recently started studying French - so I could talk to my sweet French's family, if he ever decides to introduce me. ;)
So I googled free online courses for studying French. What I found was very varied, some only offering a few vocabulary tables, others everything varying from online-classes, live-chats and mobile apps to free podcasts - for a steep prize, of course.
Busuu was the first that I found that offered modules with interactive vocabulary tables, exercises and a test at the end of each module. But what I think makes a very big difference to other online programs is the writing section. In each module you are asked to write a few sentences using the vocabulary you just learned. For example in the module "Bienvenue" (Welcome) I had to introduce myself. Usually this part is corrected by the computer or you are told it has been sent to someone you never hear of again. At Busuu you can choose up to five people of the community (who's native language is the language you are learning) and send them what you've written, so they'll correct it. Most times they even give you reasons and explanations why they corrected something or why this has to be in this or that way.

Besides that you even have the chance to chat with other people of the community - even video chatting is possible.

Xoxo, leave a comment if you know other exciting, useful or just fun websites!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love those DIY candle holders from Martha :)

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, thanks for leaving a comment!